Monday, December 8, 2014

Wire Sculpture + Tutorial

                                      Tutorial





I was instructed to create a project around the theme of circus act. I choose to create a wire sculpture that represented a girl doing a ribbon act. 









Supplies Needed
  • Gloves (optional but expect blisters)
  • Needle nose pliers
  • Wire cutters
  • Wire
  • Ribbon

I started by creating the arms and legs of my figure. I twisted the wire using the needle nose pliers in a tight spiral. 

Next I began to create the body of the figure. I used a similar process of creating the legs of my figure although this time bigger spirals. It was important for my spirals to be as circular as possible to create the look of a body. I then used smaller pieces of wire to connect the body parts together. 







Once all the body parts were attached I simply had to tie the ribbon on a leg and an arm. This wire sculpture hangs from the ceiling by the ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment