Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Alien Names

Beauty is defined as a combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight.
Create beautiful aliens was the requirement. As depicted in the definition above it doesn't say that blonde hair and blue eyes are the only items that create beauty (although a certain dictator would argue with that assessment). What I believed were qualities of a beautiful alien were up to me. Through the use of various colored paper, googly eyes, beads, pipe cleaners, and fuzzy yarn I created aliens that I thought were pleasing to the aesthetic senses. A secret to the beauty in this piece was the aliens bodies were made up of the names of my husband and myself. This reminds me to look to myself to find my own true beauty. 
Alien Names Tutorial





No comments:

Post a Comment