Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Color Assignment

Music and Emotion are a branch of music psychology with numerous areas of study including the nature of emotional reactions to music, how characteristics of the listener may determine which emotions are felt, and which components of a musical composition or performance may elicit certain reactions.
I played percussion for 6 years, yet during this project I was subjected to the worst music/ noises I have ever heard.  For the first painting (blue paper) I was to listen to these noises and paint using simply black and white paint. The goal was to paint my emotions as well as use the black and white to create different values. Value is defined as the relative lightness or darkness of a color. The next page (orange) I was subjected to more noise and created a painting using one shape, and mixing black and white with various colors to create different values. Although this may have been my least favorite project I enjoyed a different way to approach learning value. 






No comments:

Post a Comment