Thursday, December 4, 2014

Chinese Brush Painting

Unity occurs when all of the elements of a piece combine to make a balanced, harmonious, complete whole.
For this blog post I have included a picture of the kit I used to create my Chinese brush painting. If you notice the kit included a grinding stone, ink stick, brushes, and other various tools. This project was more about the process to create the brush painting rather than the end product. I grinded my own ink as well as practiced 3 specific strokes over and over before putting them together to create strands of bamboo. The second painting (one containing the Chinese symbols) was more therapeutic, although I used the same kit and process of creating ink it was creating my own rhythm and stokes on the paper. The symbols on the left paper include the words eternity (large) and unity (small right corner). 





No comments:

Post a Comment